By Ian M. Marlow
March 14, 2016
As the owner of apartment buildings, how much time are you spending on office tasks? How many of those tasks do you do manually? Think of all the time you could save if you automated. Everything from finding tenants to taking care of your building can be streamlined, saving your company from costly errors. Here are just some of the many tasks that you can automate with the right software solution.
- Marketing Your Building: You need to attract renters to your building, but you need the right ones. You can find those tenants through the right marketing. You can get a web presence with floor plans, photos, tenant reviews, blogs and social media. This type of presence will get you the right clients to fill your buildings.
- Tenant Screening: Once you have your prospective tenants, you need to know they are the right ones for your building. The automation process begins with a prospective tenant filling out the application online. You will receive a background check, obtain a credit report, and find out about any criminal or sex offender background the possible tenant may have. You’ll know much more about the people who will be living in your building. This will help you to avoid the problems associated with bad tenants.
- Automated Leasing: Software allows you to manage your leases by uploading lease documents and amendments and remind tenants about lease expirations within 30, 60, or 90 days. You can track who you’ve released keys to along with their contact information. You can also automatically track multiple leases in the same unit.
- Tenant Portal: With the right software, your tenants won’t be calling over and over to ask when rent is due, how much is due, or when their lease runs out. Your tenants will also be able to pay their rent online, using their checking accounts or credit cards, which means you will get your money faster and lower processing fees. You’ll be able to track tenant payments and send out late notices when necessary.
- Property Maintenance: You can automate the process for tenants to reach out when something goes wrong in their space. Managers can create, update and complete work orders from mobile devices, so that problems in your building get fixed quickly and efficiently. You can also track regularly scheduled maintenance and regulatory checks so that you can be prepared.
If you’re ready to learn more about automating your business, contact FITECH today at (212) 223-TECH (8324), email email@example.com or visit www.fitechllc.com. You can also find us on these social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+.